Instant beauty solutions, irreverent names and creative packaging… Benefit Cosmetics knows makeup doesn’t have to be serious to look good. In 1976, Jean and Jane Ford, the “fake it” twins, created a quirky San Francisco makeup boutique with a whimsical candy store atmosphere. The twins successfully built Benefit Cosmetics into one of the fastest growing global beauty brands. In 1999, the company joined Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy (LVMH), the world’s leader in luxury brands. Currently, Benefit’s high-quality, feel-good products can be found at over 4,000 counters in more than 35 countries.
Benefit Cosmetics (India) is one of the brands under L Beauty which is a joint venture company between LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics and Luxasia.
Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing Marketing, PR and Digital strategies of Benefit in the country, covering channels of distribution such as boutique, department stores and Sephora, as well as Travel Retail.
Roles and responsibilities:
Working closely with the Brand Manager and Regional Singapore office, you will
- Build strong Marketing, PR, Digital activities for the business in India
- Oversee Digital Advocate and drive digital media via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube etc. to build fan base and partnerships with digital influencers
- Maximize A launches with impactful animation in stores
- Assist in the management of the A&P budget
- Assist with product forecast and assortment
- Manage and execute visual merchandising in all channels (including Sephora gondola and endcap change-outs), store renovation and design according to /adapted from HQ’s requirement.
- Stage and assist with PR events by demo-ing products, presenting brand DNA and history
- Assist in building brow business via marketing and digital campaigns
- Develop competitor and customer insights to share with Regional Singapore team
- Spearhead the Benefit Brand DNA in local market
- Entrepreneurial – ability to maximize resources.
- Sales driven – ensure all activities and programs drives conversion towards the business goals.
- Competence in excel to manage A&P budget
- Operational and hands on – ability to executive marketing, PR and digital activities.
- Creative, ability to generate “out the box”, unconventional ideas and to keep the originality of the brand spirit/DNA.
- Be passionate and promote fun environment of the brand
- Strong in planning with the ability to multitask and priorities
- Excellent written and communication skills – producing PR, communication and promotional pieces such as online content based on HQ support and guidelines.
- Positive can do attitude is a must
Qualifications and Experience:
- Marketing and social media experience preferred
- Passion for cosmetics and retail
- Cosmetics experience preferred
- Flexible, comfortable in a fast pace and changing environment
- Drive to succeed and achieve
- Strong presentation skills and ease with makeup
- Organized, proactive and ability to follow through
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be willing to travel
- Creative, fun and in tune with digital media, latest trends in order to attract customers and create buzz for the brand