Business Development Executive
With 12 offices in Asia and growing, Luxasia Group has more than 2,100 full-time employees regionally and manages an impressive portfolio of more than 130 fragrance, cosmetics, skincare and luxury lifestyle brands. Besides our diverse and trusted Principals: Beiersdorf, Burberry, Clarins, Ferragamo and Shiseido Group, just to name a few, we have entered into successful joint ventures with the world's largest companies - LVMH Group, PUIG Group, Elizabeth Arden and Coty Group. Join us to "Make A Difference".
The role is responsible for in-country business development – acquiring new brands / principals and managing existing ones in Luxasia’s portfolio, in partnership with in-country commercial team and group/regional business development. Acting as the key interface with assigned partners, the person will be responsible for assigned strategic account objectives together with the team on strategic priorities for the business in his/her respective country.
• Source potential brands / principals for adding to Luxasia’s portfolio, both independently and with support from the Group/Regional Strategy & Development team
• Act as the country key contact to assigned business partners on any matters relating to the business/brands, serving as the link of communication between partners and internal teams
• Build and maintain strong relationships with business partners. Identify needs and requirement to achieve mutual satisfaction
• Resolve any issues and problems faced by the assigned business partners and deal with complaints to maintain trust and good relationship
• Work closely with Sales & Marketing team and Group/Regional Business Development in the development of full year strategic sales and executional plans across all sales channels for the country
• Maintain local Intelligence(ref Market Maker)- beauty market info, Luxasia market share, distribution universe vs Luxasia distribution, end consumers data
• Proactively seek and develop local new business
• Review of commercial terms in contracts before legal review
• Continually review the P&L to ensure it is in line with agreed objectives at net sales and operating profit levels.
• Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders as required including a quarterly update to the country Leadership Team on business issues and progress
• Maintain and update Corporate Presentation
• Preparation of presentation materials and data for management’s overseas trip
Education & Experience:
• Backgrounds considered including Business or Corporate Development roles, Business Consulting, FP&A.
• Experience in beauty / FMCG / Retail industry preferred, with special preference for candidates who have strong knowledge of and affinity for business development, and for beauty / adjacent sectors.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams both internally (Sales & Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain) and externally to successfully implement and manage strategic partnerships.
• Experience in contractual/vendor negotiation skills an advantage.
• Prior work experience developing and implementing strategic frameworks.
• Good communication skills (verbal, written and in presentations) in driving discussions both internally and externally with efficiency, diplomacy and finesse.
• Superb attention to detail and capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Highly-adaptable, quick thinker who is simultaneously comfortable in both individual contributor role and wider team player role.
• Proficient in the following Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Key Success Factors:
• Articulate and with good communication and presentation skills (verbal & written)
• Self-awareness & confidence. Able to handle meetings with higher level executives, both internally (e.g., Country Managers) and externally (e.g., Senior Execs at Principals)
• Negotiation skills
• Problem solving, Analytical and Thinking Skills
• Cross Group Collaboration