Luxasia Group is the leading omnichannel partner for beauty and luxury lifestyle brand distribution, retail, and e-commerce in Asia Pacific. Since 1986, we have endeavoured to make a difference to Asia Pacific consumer by bringing them the finest beauty brands from all over the world - across niche, prestige, and masstige categories. Some of our most trusted names include La Prairie, Bvlgari, Guerlain, Prada and Hermes. In addition, we have successful joint ventures with the likes of LVMH Group, PUIG, Yves Rocher, and Elizabeth Arden. We are a winning TEAM of diverse individuals whose commitment, grit, and shared core values drive everything we do. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and development across the countries we currently operate in (and plan to expand into). Make a difference with us today.
The Legal Associate will be responsible for providing day-to-day legal support to Luxasia Group and its subsidiaries and will work with all levels of employees across the business and in particular with the Legal Counsel and the Corporate Development team.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice to the business on Commercial matters.
- Draft, negotiate and/or review a wide variety of vendor contracts e.g. tenancy, retailer, sub-distribution, e-commerce agreements.
- Manage the process of contract renewals, terminations and enforcement of contractual terms as necessary.
- Work on the company's own legal templates and where necessary and updating documents with any relevant changes.
- Collaborate with and facilitate cross-team decision-making among the Corporate Development, Finance team, business teams and other internal teams.
- Keep the Legal Counsel informed on all matters and issues, and work with the senior management team and colleagues as necessary/appropriate.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Legal Counsel.
- Qualified solicitor with post-qualification experience (ideally between NQ and 1PQE) in a recognized law firm and/or in-house with specific emphasis on commercial contract negotiation, drafting, interpretation and process management.
- Paralegal with considerable years’ work experience with specific emphasis on commercial contract negotiation, drafting, interpretation and process management.
- Must have excellent time management and project management skills, be able to manage/prioritize multiple matters and balance quality with expedience.
- Able to use initiative and work autonomously as well as work as a team member with other internal departments.
- Must have very strong legal drafting skills with a meticulous attention to detail and form.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English, Malay & Mandarin necessary.