General Manager, Finance & Corporate Planning (Shiseido)
Based in Philippines, the GM for Finance & Corporate Planning is in charge of all financial management and operational aspects of company operations and provide leadership and coordination in the finance/accounting; treasury; legal/corporate affairs; logistics; commercial; human resources; information technology and administration to ensure achievement of organization’s goal and objectives.
Financial, Management and Controlling
- Provide financial leadership, oversee all financial and management reporting and maintain control of the organization’s financial matters.
- Align control policies and procedures to group accounting/finance policies and ensure proper implementation
- Oversee internal and external audit, review and analyze results and recommendations from auditors.
- Formulate policies and annual budget plans as well as to ensure that all departments’ spending are within budget.
Oversee several functions
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Administration functions
Logistics Operations and Inventory Management
- Effective management of logistics operations, warehouse and inventory to ensure smooth operations and timely delivery of inventory.
- Liaise and negotiate with internal and external logistics contacts/agents to meet regional logistics needs.
- Conduct forecasting with logistics team to implement inventory controls and review orders, sales trends, and inventory levels to achieve forecast accuracy targets set.
- Budgetary control, monitor sales, expenses and profit in line with targets set.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Provide support on commercial finance decision making including pricing, customer profitability, gross margin analysis and contract negotiations.
QUALITY AND PRODUCTIVITY
- Ensure a high level of customer service for external and internal partners.
CUSTOMERS AND OTHER EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
Main internal partners
- Management team in Shiseido Europe and HQ, Japan
- Sales, Marketing and Training teams of TRE, TRA and TRM
- Management team of TRE and TRM
Main external partners
- External auditors, tax agents, several service providers, government and regulatory bodies
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respect all guidelines and rules established by the company in terms of ethics and regulations.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
- Management, motivation and development of a high calibre Finance and Operations team based in Singapore to ensure successful achievement of business objectives and the total smooth running of these functions.
- Recruit new employees in collaboration with human resources.
- Regular monitoring and two assessments per year (minimum).
- Provide strategic direction, guidance and feedback to the management and regional teams.
BUILDING ORGANIZATION STRENGTH
Define the optimal organizational structures for attaining objectives
- Periodically analyse his organization to ensure that it is optimal,
- Propose and implement the best suited organization to changes (market, budget, departure, etc.) and/or of the fixed objectives
- Degree in Accountancy, Finance or other professional accounting qualification.
- 10+ years in the field of Accountancy/Finance (FP&A, Business Control, etc.)
- Must be experienced in leading a team.
- Retail industry experience would be advantageous.
- Confident and articulate, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong people interaction skills; develops, motivates, fosters strong client relationships.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.