Commercial Brand Manager
Luxasia Group is the leading omnichannel partner for beauty and luxury lifestyle brand distribution, retail, and e-commerce in Asia Pacific. Since 1986, we have endeavoured to make a difference to Asia Pacific consumer by bringing them the finest beauty brands from all over the world - across niche, prestige, and masstige categories. Some of our most trusted names include La Prairie, Bvlgari, Guerlain, Prada and Hermes. In addition, we have successful joint ventures with the likes of LVMH Group, PUIG, Yves Rocher, and Elizabeth Arden. We are a winning TEAM of diverse individuals whose commitment, grit, and shared core values drive everything we do. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and development across the countries we currently operate in (and plan to expand into). Make a difference with us today.
You are your own leader, creating a compelling vision and communicating with style and charisma. You are responsible for the sales mission and vision of PUIG brands business. Under your leadership, you build a team of high performance individuals to achieve and excel sales growth.
You will partner the principal(s) to develop the business strategies, objectives and targets for your respective brands in Malaysia. You will drive the brand awareness, expansion and penetration strategies to strengthen the position of the business in the market.
- Responsible for overall achievement of sales target and P&L.
- Manage the A&P budget and P&L of the business up to Net Profit Before Tax.
- Lead, coach and guide direct reports to develop and execute strong brand knowledge, marketing, channel business and PR capabilities. Lead by example and inculcate teamwork at all levels.
- Ensure sales of sell-in and sell-out are maximized through effective analysis of sales data, monitoring of activity, observation of and response for trends, setting of priorities and evaluation of business initiatives.
- Strategize, plan, manage with respective team and divisions to develop marketing / business plans and activities by analysing the business to meet the goals and objectives of the brand-/principal group and the company.
- Bring to reality all product launches, activities or events and prepare the relevant marketing tools and mechanics – to be in line with the brand image and strategy, as well as to achieve set sales targets.
- Build onto the success of the brands to achieve maximum sales growth while maintaining brand reputation.
- Responsible for channel distribution growth/expansion of brand businesses.
- Constantly review the business plans with trade partners, re-strategize and initiate plans/programs to drive sales.
- Negotiate actively with business partners for best possible trade margins so that company’s profit interest is being protected.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with the principals of the brand/s and the retail stores management, representing the company’s interest in business negotiations and tie-ups.
- Share insights with principals(s) on local market, consumer trends and competitor analysis.
- Ensure consistent and impactful visual merchandising displays at all brand point of sales i.e. department stores and all other appointed retailers.
- Manage and liaise with Editors/Beauty Editors, contractors and partners on the planning, negotiation and execution of all communication and promotional campaigns, where applicable on a group basis.
- Collaborate with multiple functional teams to ensure smooth business operation.
- Minimum university graduate degree - preferably in Marketing or Business discipline
- At least 7-8 years working experience, in which 5 years have been in a managerial position for brand management with working knowledge of finance & business. Prior experience in the cosmetics or fragrance business will be an added advantage.
- Analytical, numerically strong, meticulous and organized with a flair /passion for beauty or luxury products
- Team-leader willing to share and transfer knowledge
- Preferably having a proven track record in managing and supervising 2 direct reports /subordinates
- A team-group player with collaboration skills who thrives in a fast-paced competitive business environment
- Possess good inter-personal skills and are able to build strong rapport with both internal and external key stake holders
- Possess good communication and presentation skills, with a strong command of the English language