General Manager, Joint Venture (Regional)
Luxasia Group is the leading omnichannel partner for beauty and luxury lifestyle brand distribution, retail, and e-commerce in Asia Pacific. Since 1986, we have endeavored to make a difference to Asia Pacific consumer by bringing them the finest beauty brands from all over the world - across niche, prestige, and masstige categories. Some of our most trusted names include La Prairie, Bvlgari, Guerlain, Prada and Hermes. In addition, we have successful joint ventures with the likes of LVMH Group, PUIG, Yves Rocher, and Elizabeth Arden. We are a winning TEAM of diverse individuals whose commitment, grit, and shared core values drive everything we do. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and development across the countries we currently operate in (and plan to expand into).
Make a difference with us today.
This role is responsible for the strategic management and day-to-day operations of the Luxasia Joint Venture entity in discussion. Providing strong leadership, giving clear direction and guidance to the local management team while breeding the right environment and autonomy to operate successfully – including the development and implementation of a strategic plan to advance the Company’s vision, mission, strategies and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability and growth in the organization.
You should be a seasoned professional with a proven track record in achieving corporate targets in areas of growth, profitability and development. He/she acts as the key face of the entity; develops new customers and channels to market and manages existing customer and channel partner relationships; works in alignment with Group directions to develop strategic partnerships and ensure that overall revenue and profit goals are achieved and shareholder value is delivered.
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Work closely with the Company's Leadership Team in executing the company’s strategic directions in the country.
- Lead and work closely with local management team on key decisions for policy and strategy as guided by the head office.
- Plan, organise, direct and evaluate the entity’s fiscal function and performance to achieve both short and long-term revenue, profit and other corporate goals established.
- Participate in the development of the entity’s plans and programs as a strategic leader.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-term planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and impact with local regulatory action.
- Develops and manages principals and channels effectively to achieve organisational goals.
- Enhance, implement and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the entity.
- Establish credibility throughout the entity and management as an effective leader and problem-solver to business challenges.
- Establish departmental responsibilities, and coordinate functions among teams and workgroups.
The Ideal Candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor Degree with minimum 15 years’ relevant experience and at least 8 years in a people manager / leadership role.
- Successfully worked in fast-paced and demanding environment of commercial organizations, including leading MNCs.
- Broad bandwidth for growth in scope and level of leadership responsibility.
- Strong organization and leadership skills with executive maturity.
- Have demonstrated high level of personal initiative, highly analytical in framing issues and resourceful in formulating solutions, and sharp in articulating them to ensure understanding and follow-through.
- Digitally savvy, strong networking and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills. Able to impact and influence all key stakeholders.
- Is articulate, with excellent proficiency in the English language.
- Visionary and forward-looking with proven execution ability to develop and deploy initiatives that deliver the required business results.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic and entrepreneurial mindset
- A strong level of business and commercial acumen, particularly in omni-channel retail and distribution, and a deep understanding of the entity’s local market and consumer behavior.
- Able to work under high pressure where deadlines and bottomlines are the measure of success and heavy burdens of responsibility are the norm.
- High energy, demonstrating a clear sense of purpose and drive to achieve results.
- High level of integrity and corporate-mindedness
- Ability to plan personal workload effectively and delegate for success.
Thank you for your interest in joining us. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow our Company Page on LinkedIn for more updates & job opportunities. Instagram: @luxasia and @luxasiatalent