Sales Development Executive
Benefit Cosmetics (Malaysia) is one of the brands under L Beauty which is a joint venture company between LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics and Luxasia.
The Sales Development Executive supports the management of the number of doors in the current market is accountable for ensuring that the staff is in compliance with the Benefit standard through the implementation and execution of the sales and coaching processes in place. The SDE is also responsible for generating the reports needed in the performance evaluations on the staff level. She, along with the Sales Development Manager, holds key positions in building the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the SDM in creating and developing sales initiatives to achieve daily/monthly/yearly goals and effectively cascading this to field staff.
- Support the SDM in managing and maintaining selling budget (i.e. Salaries, commission testers, supplies as well as T&E).
- Ensure proper inventory management and that stock levels are accurate. Ensure counters are in stock of the top 50 SKUs at all times by performing regular counter stock takes and notifying key Benefit contacts
- Effectively lead field teams to ensure that all corporate initiatives are met. Support the marketing team in effective execution of initiatives in store.
- Lead by example, able to run a day on counter using “8 Steps In A Successful Day” (Benefit-model)
- Aids in creating growth within the team and challenging the staff to develop. Assists the SDM in contributing to the growth, learning and success of others through coaching and mentoring.
- Consistently reviews performance of team members with the SDM and helps create action plans for development.
- Keep commitments and build high expectations in self and others
- Always be approachable and an effective two way communicator
- Drive individual performance through the MJSF (My Journey So Far handbook) and the incorporation of DNA in all work aspects. Keeps productivity targets in mind as agreed with the SDM and GM; measures individuals and team success according to the targets.
- Assists in creating new tools and streamline processes with the goal of making operations more efficient.
--Communication and Relationships--
- Able to help smooth over any minor conflicts that may arise at the store level.
- Persuade others through influence and collaboration as opposed to command and control
- Able to articulate latest sales figures and action plans on how to bridge gaps if any.
- Constantly collaborates with SDM on ideas on how to improve the business.
- Express ideas and information clearly and effectively
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with team members and suppliers
- Aid the SDM in hiring and retaining staff at all levels (Boutique Mgr., Counter Mgr., Lead Brow Expert, Lead Beauty Artist, Brow Expert, Beauty Artist). All candidates must have the Benefit DNA.
- Ensure that all counters are appropriately staffed with the right people in a timely manner and with the support of the head office.
- Follow all house rules and processes.
- Helps evaluate the effectivity of training received and drive information retention and application.
- Identify further training needs from Managers or Trainers through the conducting MJSF evaluation
- Inspire and train employees by setting the example of excellent service and sales and through team selling
- Ensure all POS systems and equipment (computer, TVs, Ipads, Ipods, speakers, CCTVs, etc) are in good working condition at all times by regularly coordinating with the store managers, suppliers and IT department. Resolves all issues in a timely manner.
- Facilitate processing of orders (existing and new launches) – both at the regional and local level.
- Facilitate quarterly stock count and inventory alignment in the stores
- Responsible for updating the stock on hand report on the boutique POS system and actively correcting the variances in a timely manner
- Ensure that the counters are fully stocked with testers, consumables and service supplies by performing regular audits and notifying key Benefit contacts. Facilitate Purchase Order and delivery of collaterals and consumables needed for selling by coordinating closely with the suppliers and concerned departments.
- Ensure that Benefit merchandise is displayed in accordance with the visual merchandising guidelines
- Ensure timely delivery and payment of orders by coordinating with different departments (accounting, IT, warehouse, etc.) and suppliers or agencies
- Take charge in maintaining and updating the store uniforms to ensure all personnel are well-dressed according to Beauty Central standards
- Replenish/replace office supplies and other store collaterals as needed
- Speak daily to Brand General Manager to reflect achievements and opportunities and seek coaching on managing challenges making regular reference to plans.
- Promote feel good/fun environment for customers and employees
- Be passionate and tenacious
- Act professionally
- Act ethically and with integrity
- Use good judgment
- All other duties as assigned
- University degree holder
- 2-3 years retail experience minimum required
- Minimum 1 year management experience
- Cosmetics experience preferred
- Proven sales and service track record
- Fluent English -speak, read, and write
- Proficient at reading and analyzing numbers
- Interpersonal skills in customer service
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills – Word, Excel, Power-point
- Flexibility regarding work hours and flexibility to travel 2x / year minimum