Business Manager (Global Skincare Brand)
Luxasia Group is the leading omnichannel partner for beauty and luxury lifestyle brand distribution, retail, and e-commerce in Asia Pacific. Since 1986, we have endeavoured to make a difference to Asia Pacific consumers by bringing them the finest beauty brands from all over the world - across niche, prestige, and masstige categories. Some of our most trusted names include La Prairie, Bvlgari, Guerlain, Prada and Hermes. In addition, we have successful joint ventures with the likes of LVMH Group, PUIG, Yves Rocher, and Elizabeth Arden. We are a winning TEAM of diverse individuals whose commitment, grit, and shared core values drive everything we do. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and development across the countries we currently operate in (and plan to expand into). Make a difference with us today.
Responsible for the marketing and overall business performance of one or more brands assigned
The Ideal Candidate will...
- Strategies, plan, manage with respective team and divisions all marketing/business plans and activities to meet the goals and objectives of the brand-/principal group and the company.
- Ongoing review and evaluation of brand/s business performance & own team, to ensure achievement of monthly and annual sales targets and to uphold the positioning/ranking of the brands in its distribution.
- Responsible for the overall P&L of the brand/s upto Product Contribution and relevant KPIs encompassing effective management of stock holding and set A&P budget.
- Lead, coach and guide direct reports to develop strong brand knowledge, marketing and business capabilities and inculcate team working spirit.
- Coach and teach team-members:
- Effectively communicate the unique selling propositions of the brands in all brand communications strategies to build brand desire and that will resonate with target markets. Innovate and spearhead creative marketing activities and initiate suitable co-marketing tie-ups to create more business opportunities for the brands
- Bring to reality all product launches, activities or events and prepare the relevant marketing tools and mechanics - to be in line with the brand image and strategy, as well as to achieve set sales targets
- Manage and liaise with Editors/Beauty Editors, contractors and partners on the planning and execution of all communication and promotional campaigns
- Create and ensure consistent and impactful visual merchandising displays at all brand point of sales i.e. department stores and all other appointed retailers
- Compile and review competitors’ marketing activities periodically, as well as ongoing collection of market data, trends and information, for analysis of the brand/s competitive performance and decision making
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with the principals of the brand/s and the retail stores management, representing the company’s interest in business negotiations and tie-ups
- Initiate and coordinate ad-hoc corporate assignments, where required
The Ideal Candidate should possess...
- Minimum university graduate degree - preferably in Marketing or Business discipline
- At least 7-8 years working experience in a managerial position for brand management with working knowledge of finance & business. Prior experience in the cosmetics or fragrance business will be an added advantage.
- Analytical, numerically strong, meticulous and organized with a flair /passion for beauty or luxury products
- Team-leader willing to share and transfer knowledge
- Preferably having a proven track record in managing and supervising 2 direct reports /subordinates
- A team-group player with collaboration skills who thrives in a fast-paced competitive business environment
- Possess good inter-personal skills and are able to build strong rapport with both internal and external key stake holders
- Possess good communication and presentation skills, with a strong command of the English language