Senior General Ledger (GL)
Luxasia Group is the leading omnichannel partner for beauty and luxury lifestyle brand distribution, retail, and e-commerce in Asia Pacific. Since 1986, we have endeavoured to make a difference to Asia Pacific consumers by bringing them the finest beauty brands from all over the world - across niche, prestige, and masstige categories. Some of our most trusted names include La Prairie, Bvlgari, Guerlain, Prada and Hermes. In addition, we have successful joint ventures with the likes of LVMH Group, PUIG, Yves Rocher, and Elizabeth Arden. We are a winning TEAM of diverse individuals whose commitment, grit, and shared core values drive everything we do. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and development across the countries we currently operate in (and plan to expand into). Make a difference with us today.
The Senior General Ledger is responsible for the Daily General Ledger (GL) function for Thailand. Key responsibilities:
- Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Closing of the respective entities’ financial books
- Posting of journal entries and ensure completeness
- Intercompany reconciliation
- Fixed Assets update and management including depreciation schedules
- Balance Sheet review and reconciliation
- Production of financial reports for local and regional reporting
What we want you to do...
- Active participation in the transition of Country GL processes into shared services team including work shadowing and Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) documentation preparations.
- Active contribution to ensure operation readiness by Go-Live date.
- Support internal audits by working closely with Local Finance team.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS) and company procedures to ensure integrity of financial information.
- Ensure adequate follow up on issues identified during external and internal audit.
- Respond to and solve enquiries from Country Finance Manager.
- Work with Local Finance team to understand local activities, prepare trial balance and investigate trial balance account fluctuations.
- Prepare and ensure adequate supporting documentation of journal entries for the financial closing in accordance to Group Accounting policies.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports - P&L, Balance Sheet, bank reconciliation and any un-reconciled items.
- Ensure adherence to strict month end and year end deadlines.
- Undertake any accounting & reporting requirements and ad-hoc duties or projects as requested.
- Train the GL Specialist team member.
D. Continuous Improvement
- Identify and articulate improvement areas across processes.
- Involve in process implementation, automation and standardization of record to report (R2R) activities.
Key Success Factors:
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work as a team player.
- Proactive, has good interpersonal skills, attention to details, problem-solving skills, performance driven and meticulous.
You are our dream come true if you…
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Accounting / chartered or certified professional accounting qualification or equivalent combination of relevant education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Financial Reporting or other accounting functions.
- Proficient in using SAP or any other major ERP systems.
- Experience in a shared services or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in English Language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to speak and understand the Thai Language will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS or equivalent.
- Proficient in using MS office tools.
Thank you for your interest in joining us. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow our Company Page on LinkedIn for more updates & job opportunities. Instagram: @luxasia and @luxasiatalent
We promise to offer you:
- An open and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people who love what they do and do what they love.
- Lots of challenges, fast-pace, opportunities to develop yourself and fun times.
- Committed executive team to support your best performance.