Brand Manager (Lifestyle)
Luxasia Group is the leading omnichannel partner for beauty and luxury lifestyle brand distribution, retail, and e-commerce in Asia Pacific. Since 1986, we have endeavoured to make a difference to Asia Pacific consumers by bringing them the finest beauty brands from all over the world - across niche, prestige, and masstige categories. Some of our most trusted names include La Prairie, Bvlgari, Guerlain, Prada and Hermes. In addition, we have successful joint ventures with the likes of LVMH Group, PUIG, Yves Rocher, and Elizabeth Arden. We are a winning TEAM of diverse individuals whose commitment, grit, and shared core values drive everything we do. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and development across the countries we currently operate in (and plan to expand into). Make a difference with us today.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the luxury lifestyle businesses including overall P&L and brand development for Malaysia. The incumbent will plan, implement and oversee go-to market strategies of international lifestyle brand(s) enabling a rapid growth across key distribution channels. The role has a business development and operations focus - and shall be accountable for creating business plans, overseeing product development, building and managing robust relationships with brand principals in key channels, negotiate locations and building a vigorous operations team in the local market.
What we want you to do...
- Manage local brand P&L, A&P budgets.
- Implement and oversee go-to market strategy of Luxury Lifestyle brand(s) in line with company strategic objectives and brand principal guidelines.
- Lead the development of Brand Business Plan
- Conceptualise and provide brand direction to merchandising team on product development echoing to brand strategy.
- Analyze sales data and business KPI’s regularly and adjusts business strategy and promotion activities with annual sales targets
- Make sales forecast on relevant products, promoted products on monthly basis and track sales numbers. Review and confirm monthly demand plan
- Evaluates new business opportunities of brand partnerships for local market by analyzing market potential, brand positioning, competitor channel mix and pricing strategies
- Identify trendsetter ideas and channel expansion strategies in local market with significant growth potential locally/ regionally for new and existing categories/ brands
- Conceptualize effective channel mix and marketing/ communication plans, enabling suitable brand positioning.
- Work closely with company’s head luxury lifestyle ensuring strategic alignment of local market priorities with regional direction; develop annual business and channel promotion plans according to the business target
- Responsible for constant communication with principals maintaining excellent and efficient relationships to achieve local market objectives
- Build and lead a productive working relationship with retail operation/ sales team, finance, supply chain and supporting teams to manage brand’s day to day operations, and external partners.
- Develop and implement local procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the brand.
- Establish credibility as an effective leader and problem-solver to business challenges
- Product portfolio management, including forecast and inventory planning
- Share pro-actively best practices with other markets and regional HQ
Key Success Factors:
- Profit & Loss (P&L)
- Advertising & Promotional Budgeting
- Brand Development & Planning
- Product Development & Marketing Planning
- Sales Forecast & Inventory Plan
Who we’re looking for…
- Have a tertiary qualification or equivalent combination of relevant working experience that will allow the successful performance of job expectations.
- At least 7-8 years of retail/distribution/brand management experience, in which 3 years have been in a managerial position in leading teams with strong people management skills, preferably in luxury consumer products.
- People leader with goal-getter mindset
- Having led and manage retail distribution operations; with a good understanding of end-to-end business value chain
- Track record of developing brands or channels, a strong industrial network is a plus
- A flexible and results oriented manager, with good business sense, marketing flair, and appreciates the big picture, yet is hands-on and can build from scratch
- A people person being able to work effectively with existing clients and develop new business, manage key accounts, build, motivate and train a sales organization
- Mature individual with good interpersonal skills and an international approach. Ability to instill confidence, inspire and gain cooperation at all levels, both inside and outside the organization
- Highly dependable manager with strong ethics and integrity
- Articulate and tactful negotiator, with strong communication skills in English and Mandarin
- A strong level of business and commercial acumen, particularly in Omni-channel retail operations and distribution, and understanding of the Asian markets and consumer behavior in the local market
- Ability to plan personal workload effectively and delegate for success
- High energy, demonstrating a clear sense of purpose and drive to achieve results
- Digitally savvy, strong networking and negotiation skills, with good proficiency in the English language
- Excellent communication and influencing skills. Able to impact and influence all key stakeholders
- Ability to excel amidst uncertainties & ambiguities coupled with strategic mindset and yet willing to be hands-on
Thank you for your interest in joining us. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow our Company Page on LinkedIn for more updates & job opportunities. Instagram: @luxasia and @luxasiatalent
We promise to offer you:
- An open and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people who love what they do and do what they love.
- Lots of challenges, fast-pace, opportunities to develop yourself and fun times.
- Committed executive team to support your best performance.