Marketing & E-Commerce Manager
The Marketing & E-Commerce Manager is responsible in exploding brand awareness in India though online & offline disruption by implementing Marketing, PR and Digital strategies of Benefit in the country, covering channels of distribution such as Sephora, E-Commerce, and Travel Retail. She will also be responsible for executing E-Commerce account management, following the strategy & direction set by the Regional E-Commerce Head. As the key point of contact for E-Commerce, this person will oversee our brand strategy, product assortment, content and sales on the e-commerce sites of our wholesale retailer partners.
This person must possess our unique brand DNA, as she will be the main ambassador of Benefit to external stakeholders (influencers, media, retail partenrs).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Be responsible for the full execution of the brand strategy in India for Marketing, E-Commerce, Digital & PR, VM, and other adhoc marketing operations
- Develop India’s 360 marketing plans, in accordance to the brand strategy as aligned with regional marketing
- Main person responsible for forecasting marketing and PR quantities for samples, GWPs, TOAs
- Accountable for managing India’s local A&P
- Clearly set KPIs for each marketing activity, execute perfectly, and be able to evaluate the ROI and results (sales impact vs budget spent; quantitative & qualitative result)
- Monitor performance of monthly promotions and activities
- Be accountable for IN Marketing Calendar and key point of contact for the rest of the team, including registration support, liaising with E-Comm Manager for calendar alignment, as well as with sales & training teams for in-store support & training calendar alignment
- Will also act as the Account Manager for key etailers (Nykaa in particular for now, Sephora.com and other etailers in the future), and must stay informed of wholesale accounts new platform developments and capabilities along with marketing programs to leverage effectively
- This person will be involved in strategic planning and manage the execution of all online merchandising and marketing initiatives to drive online sales growth. He/She will also partner with the retailer’s e-commerce merchandising and marketing teams to negotiate and secure additional exposure.
- Identify all opportunities on partner sites to push product pillars and increase penetration of online businesses
- Responsible for weekly/monthly sales reporting by account. Analyze business, identify areas of opportunity to achieve sales goals and send out weekly/monthly reports
Site Merchandising & Marketing:
- Oversee wholesale accounts e-commerce merchandising and digital marketing calendars to increase sales on channel sites.
- Ensure all site content updates to support marketing calendar initiatives, product launches and promotions.
- Manage and execute account specific site promotions (i.e. GWP’s, sampling, CRM programs) to maximize exposure and business.
- Develop the content strategy for retailer ecommerce sites, and oversee creation and delivery of assets.
- Recommend creative solutions for site enhancements to maximize key products or categories and drive user experience.
IN STORE ANIMATION
- Plan and execute in-store activities and offers including NBA events and launch events
- Negotiate brand collaborations for co-hosting events outside Sephora and drive traffic to store
- Will have 1 direct reporting: Assistant Product Manager, who is directly in charge of Digital & PR + VM coordination
- Develop, motivate, and retail the APM to fulfill her maximum potential within the brand as a marketeer by providing a clear guidance and direction for digital, PR, VM and other adhoc
DIGITAL AND PR
- Drive India’s digital strategy and calendar, in alignment to the local marketing calendar, ensuring apt support is in place to drive our e-commerce strategies and overall brand awareness in the country
- Accountable for India’s local digital budget management and allocation
- Accountable for India’s local VM budget management and allocation
- Ensure VM updates are properly executed in the country, in alignment to local marketing calendar and VM direction set by regional
- Spearhead the Benefit Brand DNA in local market
- Entrepreneurial – ability to maximize resources.
- Excellent project management and organization skills. Strong in planning with the ability to multitask and priorities, but also agile to be able to adapt to the dynamic nature of the business
- Sales driven – ensure all activities and programs drives conversion towards the business goals
- Excellent Power Point and Excel skills
- Operational and hands on – ability to executive marketing, PR and digital activities.
- Creative, ability to generate “out the box”, unconventional ideas and to keep the originality of the brand spirit/DNA.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to contribute in a collaborative team environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong background in marketing, with a minimum of 5 years relevant marketing experience
- Experience in managing e-commerce in the past, with a proven ability to write and edit web-based content.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Positive can do attitude is a must
- Must be willing to travel locally, regionally, and internationally
- Creative, fun and in tune with digital media, latest trends
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point required
- College degree required