Retail Operations Senior Executive / Assistant Manager
Luxasia Group is the leading omnichannel partner for beauty and luxury lifestyle brand distribution, retail, and e-commerce in Asia Pacific. Since 1986, we have endeavoured to make a difference to Asia Pacific consumers by bringing them the finest beauty brands from all over the world - across niche, prestige, and masstige categories. Some of our most trusted names include La Prairie, Bvlgari, Guerlain, Prada and Hermes. In addition, we have successful joint ventures with the likes of LVMH Group, PUIG, Yves Rocher, and Elizabeth Arden. We are a winning TEAM of diverse individuals whose commitment, grit, and shared core values drive everything we do. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and development across the countries we currently operate in (and plan to expand into). Make a difference with us today.
The Retail Operations Senior Executive / Assistant Manager will draw on extensive knowledge of Retail Operations landscape, people management and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business partners to achieve success. He / She is in charge several retail outlets in different locations, within West Malaysia.
What we want you to do...
- Responsible for the overall success of retail operations driving sales, reinforcing operations, and store leadership management & development.
- Awareness and perfection of the merchandising in stores through auditing store for standards in sales, operations, customer service standards and merchandising as well as policies and procedures.
- To motivate, encourage the retail team to maximize sales opportunities in order to achieve the Company’s set targets and objectives
- To develop together with Retail Marketing team, strategies to achieve overall budget and profits.
- Together with HQ (management & finance), to constantly review store sales numbers, cost of inventory, operational expenses and inventory loss to ensure that the store is meeting its goals and potentially to propose a plan on how each location could change in order to maximize profits and reduce loss at the store level.
- To collect all information and reports on stores’ progress, or action planning as required, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of all aspects of administration, following up issues of discrepancies as required.
- To ensure the safety and security of people, stock, cash and property, implementing effective administration, POS system procedures and security systems throughout the stores are in accordance with the standard required guidelines.
- To be responsible for the accurate completion and sign off of all staff records including salary, commission, leave application and sickness reporting.
- Visit and monitor all the retail outlets and to ensure are efficiently and effectively managed.
- Ensure all the retail outlets are compliance with policy, procedure & standards.
- To ensure the effective management of all retail staff and to ensure adequate staffing levels throughout the business.
- Consistently review with District Managers on the effectiveness of all implemented activities
- Work together with District Manager & Store Retail Managers to ensure timetable of all retail staff at each store is fair and to understand the store’s operation process.
- Analyze and review store management team and Retail team's performance for career growth and succession planning.
- To ensure that all performance issues, and other issues within the store(s), are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To effectively recruit, induct, lead, manage, train and develop District Managers, Store Retail Managers, Retail staff and Casual staff to the agreed respective store’s SOPs.
- To effectively source, interview, hire and ensure quality of Retail Staffs.
- Develop strong partnerships with mall management team and negotiate best opportunities.
- To monitor stocks levels in each store, ensuring there are adequate supplies with the Store Retail Manager, and to respond to stock concerns where relevant. (eg: re-order, transfer).
- Check and ensure availability of physical stocks level/ samples/testers and place orders.
- Check and know physical quantity of stock at counter vs quantity in POS system per brand.
- Responsible in the introduction of any new technology and new methods as appropriate and must be in the know of how to troubleshoot simple operating issues.
Key Success Factors:
- Retail Operations and Inventory Management / Planning.
- Outlet Store Management and Retail Staff Management.
- Achieve Brand / Company CRM target and Known Customer %.
- Experience in Retail Industry with an understanding of POS system.
Who we’re looking for…
- Have a tertiary qualification or equivalent combination of relevant working experience that will allow the successful performance of job expectations.
- At least 2-5 years working experience. Prior experience in the fragrance or beauty business will be an added advantage.
- Analytical, numerically strong, meticulous and organized with a flair / passion for beauty or luxury products.
- Team-leader willing to share and transfer knowledge.
- Preferably having a proven track record in managing and supervising subordinates.
- A team-group player with collaboration skills who thrives in a fast-paced competitive business environment.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and are able to build strong rapport with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Possess good communication and presentation skills, with a strong command of the English language.
Thank you for your interest in joining us. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow our Company Page on LinkedIn for more updates & job opportunities. Instagram: @luxasia and @luxasiatalent
We promise to offer you:
- An open and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people who love what they do and do what they love.
- Lots of challenges, fast-pace, opportunities to develop yourself and fun times.
- Committed executive team to support your best performance.