Luxasia Group has an exciting opportunity to participate in our Group Transformation as a key member of our legal team. Your role will be the primary partner of the Leadership Team and business units across our 15 Asia-Pacific markets to provide concise legal advise & mitigate risks as part of the Transformation team. You will be engaging with our principals from around the world on contracts & strategic partnerships.
You must have a practical, business-oriented approach to identifying and effectively managing risks, and solving business/legal problems, and you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, in a company that appreciates that legal complexity and risk require strong and skilled legal counsel. You need excellent communication skills and be able to manage multiple, changing priorities efficiently, using discretion and judgment in executing assignments. You will be part of a larger organization that promotes and supports business being done within a culture of ethics and compliance. Collaboration and a team approach to working is a core part of the Legal & Corporate Development department spirit and so that approach to work is critical.
The Ideal Candidate will ...
- Provide timely & practical legal advice & solutions
- Be a champion of our core values of RESPECT & ensure compliance with regulations (e.g. personal data protection act) as well as instituted systems & processes
- Determine the legal strategy for and represent Luxasia Group on legal matters through contacts with other attorneys, global principals, officials of other organizations and government representatives
- Assist Luxasia Group personnel in the negotiation of all contracts as well as drafting, interpretation and enforcement of these contracts
- Prior law firm practice experience in providing general commercial, regulatory, including privacy, competition, marketing and/or compliance advice.
- Some experience in commercial litigation and general employment law desirable
- Very comfortable with changing priorities in a fast paced environment with tight deadline
The Ideal Candidate should possess ...
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment for at least 5 years
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Organized, detail oriented and a team player
- Able to handle conflicting priorities and meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability to read and write in Mandarin is preferred (to effectively support North Asia).
- LLB degree (second Upper) and active Bar membership (in good standing)