Senior Merchandising Manager
Luxasia Group is the leading omnichannel partner for beauty and luxury lifestyle brand distribution, retail, and e-commerce in Asia Pacific. Since 1986, we have endeavoured to make a difference to Asia Pacific consumer by bringing them the finest beauty brands from all over the world - across niche, prestige, and masstige categories. Some of our most trusted names include La Prairie, Bvlgari, Guerlain, Prada and Hermes. In addition, we have successful joint ventures with the likes of LVMH Group, PUIG, Yves Rocher, and Elizabeth Arden. We are a winning TEAM of diverse individuals whose commitment, grit, and shared core values drive everything we do. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and development across the countries we currently operate in (and plan to expand into). Make a difference with us today.
- Analytics approach to merchandising: We are looking for a candidate who is very analytical and is able to work out details models for open-to-buy planning and demand forecasting
- Extensive experience in ecommerce merchandising and buying – the candidate must have strong experience with buying in the luxury retail space, preferably within Beauty.
- Category Management - identify beauty trends and brands across Makeup, Skincare and Fragrance within the Philippines and across the APAC region to bring onto our ecommerce platform.
- Strong experience with Supplier Management – Develop relationships with suppliers and drive margin negotiations to source products at the best possible price.
- Strong experience with Inventory management – the ideal candidate will be responsible for inventory forecasts to ensure stocks are procured at the optimal levels. Monitor performance of SKUs sourced and make decisions on whether to replenish, reduce buys or discontinue low performing products.
- Ability to anticipate and forecast trends – the ideal candidate will have the experience and analytical skills to predict beauty trends and ensure the merchandising mix can meet ambitious sales targets. You will work with teams internally to handle replenishments and anticipate stock requirements for any seasonal launches and marketing campaigns.
- Assistance with marketing campaign planning – the ideal candidate will be able assist the marketing team by helping them determine the promotions to run based on margin and product life-cycle analysis . As merchandising manager you would need to ensure the marketing team is aware of your plans for new launches, replenishments and so on
- Product catalog management – as the person closest to the merchandising strategy you will obtain product data from suppliers and help populate the product data templates for the operations team to load into the system.
Basic Candidate qualifications
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in buying and merchandising in the luxury retail industry, preferably within Beauty
- Minimum Bachelors degree
- English fluency and strong communication skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment
- Experience with ecommerce buying and merchandising, preferably within Beauty
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business “by the numbers”. Must be metrics-driven.
- Experience with Beauty retail would be an advantage
- Prior experience influencing senior stakeholders is highly desirable
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.